Applying to Post Secondary
All students planning to attend post-secondary institutions must complete Student Transcript Services to have their transcript sent to those schools. Before you begin you will need your PEN#
PEN# - Provincial Education Number (9 digit number from the BC Ministry of Education. This number can also be found on your report card. .
STEP 1: You must register for a BC Government account, a BCeID. Follow the system prompts and register for STS.
STEP 2: Next log-in to Student Transcript Service using the BCeID.
STEP 3: From a studnet's STS Dashboard make post-seondary institution selections, view transcripts view assessment results and send transcripts either immediately or interim and final or just final.
Step by Step Student Transcript Service Instructions
All university applications will be available online by October of each year. Apply early as some institutions accept students on a first applied, first registered basis. Early applications may give you more choice. (one example is Camosun College)
How to Apply in BC
Go to EducationPlannerBC or to the university website directly.
Students will need:
-PEN #- Provincial Education Number (9-digit identity number from the Provincial Ministry of Education)
- your PEN # is also needed to access your provincial exam grades.
-A copy of your Grade 11 final grades.
-Credit or debit card to pay application fees.
-Save the application confirmation number and the fee confirmation.
1) Pay the application fee online with a credit/debit card.
2) Your application will not be fully processed until the payment is received.
3) Your application will not be fully processed without a PEN # number.
4) Submit your application and save/print the page with your application ID number.
5) By letter or e-mail, you will receive your permanent university or college ID number that is used to access your status, pay tuition, and choose courses. Don't lose this number!
6) At UBC (and a few other institutes), you must create this ID number before you can apply to a faculty.
In other Provinces
In Alberta go to ApplyAlberta.
In Ontario, apply to the universities via the OUAC ( Ontario Universities Application Service) for early admission by early January . This is not a deadline but a cut-off for early admission.
Anywhere else in Canada, information on how to apply will be on the university or college's website.
You Will Need:
Credit or debit card #
AFTER YOU HAVE APPLIED
Login to your personal site at the university/college using the student number sent to you from that institution.
On this site, you will self-report your grades, apply for scholarships, submit extra applications, pay tuition, choose classes and correspond with future profs.
Camosun College admissions
SFU self reporting
UBC self reporting
UBC- How to write your personal profile- *video
Ontario University (OUAC) application
Queens University admissions
University of Toronto transcript information
The Common Application